Publish with MNE Tax
MNE Tax has developed a network of highly qualified tax specialists, including esteemed tax professors and leading tax practitioners, that write for us on a regular basis. However, we are always interested hearing from new authors interested in sharing their expertise with our unique audience.
Why you should publish with us
- Your article will be included in a highly regarded publication known for its quality and impartiality exclusively devoted to cross-border business tax news.
- Publishing with MNE Tax will allow you to showcase your expertise to thousands of individuals that are actively seeking someone with your qualifications on the internet, including potential clients, business partners, and journalists.
- We offer complimentary publishing in MNE Tax.
- MNE Tax articles are included in Google News, alongside articles from major newspapers, in addition to being searchable in Google. This will give your article broad exposure.
- We do not charge a subscription fee to read MNE Tax or require our readers to register, making articles very accessible and easily shared with clients, colleagues, and through LinkedIn and other social media.
- Your article will be distributed to our large and rapidly growing list of email newsletter subscribers and will be publicized on MNE Tax social media.
- We provide extensive editing free of charge and are happy to assist tax experts that speak English as a second language.
- We will credit up to three author(s) per article and will include the firm name and firm location below the article on a complimentary basis. You can add an optional author box to your article that includes photo(s) and bio(s) of the authors as well as links to firm website and social media for a low fee.
What we are looking for
MNE Tax will review for complimentary publishing very timely articles written about international tax developments that affect multinational enterprises written by highly-qualified tax experts.
- Timely submissions: For complimentary publishing, articles must be written as soon as possible after the tax development occurs, preferably the same day or a few days after. Articles written by full-time tax professors or other academics or by government officials can address international tax topics other than very current news. We publish articles written by tax practitioners on less timely international tax topics through our separate Sponsor Post program.
- News: Articles must be written in a news format, as opposed to a law review format, with the date and most important aspect of new development in the first few sentences. While we welcome submissions that are technical and detailed, we prefer that articles not include footnotes, bullets, or numbered paragraphs. We will help with editing so your article is in the correct format.
- Length/content: Articles can be just a few paragraphs if that is all that is needed to address the new development though many of our authors prefer to write longer articles. Our readers always appreciate background, analysis, and discussion of the practical implications of a development. In some instances we will allow an author to replace a same-day, next-day article with a longer article, but that must be arranged in advance. We do not publish advertorials or articles that make direct references to services provided by the author or the author’s firm.
- No duplicates: For complimentary publishing, we accept only one article per topic. It is best to contact us ahead of time to arrange to write if you know about an expected tax development.
Some rules on prior publication, republication
- Prior publication: For complimentary publishing, we do not accept articles that have been published elsewhere on the internet. We do publish previously published articles through our separate low-cost Sponsor Post program. Contact us for details.
- Republication of MNE Tax articles: You are always welcome to immediately post the first two paragraphs of your article on the internet, such as on LinkedIn Pulse or a firm website, with a link to the original article on MNE Tax. While we prefer to work with authors that do not republish entire MNE Tax articles on the internet, we do permit republication after 72 hours of publication in MNE Tax. In such case, the article must include a statement that it was first published in MNE Tax and include a do follow link to the original article published on the MNE Tax website. We publish articles in MNE Tax without any restrictions on prior publication or republication through our separate Sponsor post program. Please contact us for details.
MNE Tax reserves the right to republish part or all of articles published in MNE Tax indefinitely without any royalty payments.
How to submit an article for review
- No PDFs: If we have agreed to review your article, please submit it as an attachment to an email in Microsoft Word or included in the body of an email.
- Editing: All articles are subject to editing to conform to the website’s formatting and to improve readability. All edits are approved by the author before publishing except when we need to fix minor errors.
- We are selective: It is important to note that our acceptance of your article for review does not guarantee that we will publish it.
Author credit/upgraded author box with photo
Please include a 1–2 sentence biography of the author(s) along with your article submission. You can include author name, position, firm name, city/country, email address or phone, and specialization, if desired. We will credit up to three authors per article.
Authors have the option to add an upgraded author box to their article, which includes a photo, a longer professional bio, and links to a firm website and social media, if desired.
The first time fee to set up and add the upgraded author box is USD 49 per author box. For subsequent articles by the same author, the fee is USD 19 per box. We can include author boxes for up to four authors per article.
You can add the following information to your author box:
- Name of the author.
- Photo of the author in JPEG format with a maximum file size of 1MB. Ideally, image size would be 64 x 64 pixels. It can be larger but not smaller.
- Professional biography of the author, running 130 words or less. If desired, you can also include contact information (address, phone, email).
- Firm name (each article can be attributed to only one organization).
- Firm website link.
- Firm location.
- Author’s position with firm.
- Author’s e-mail address.
- Link to author’s LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, or other social media.
Please let us know if you would like to upgrade when you submit your article and send include any information you would like add to the box at that time.
To inquire further about publishing an article with MNE Tax, please send us a note at: editor@MNEtax.com.